Job Info & Announcements
Siuslaw Restoration Crew Leader; Crew Leader Job Description
Invitation to Bid
April General Meeting
● SPIRIT OF SIUSLAW AWARD: 2016- Liz Vollmer-Buhl
● Remember to renew or join for 2017. Visit our Membership and Donations page to join or donate.
● In October 2016, OWEB awarded “Walker Creek Fish Passage Improvement,” totals $260,837 and will replace an undersized and failing culvert on Walker Creek in the Siuslaw watershed and restore Coho Salmon passage to 1.5 miles of high-quality spawning and rearing habitat in Lane County. Part of the funding for this key restoration project came from Salmon License Plate revenues. This project was one of four statewide projects to receive such distinction. Read the press release: salmon-plate-release-walker-creek
● For information on ODF Fuel Reduction Programs, click here.
● Information on the Pesticide Analytical Response Center's efforts on Highway 36 concerns can be accessed on the Oregon Health Authority's website.
● Oregon DEQ has updated their Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL) Program website. Follow this link tho view the website.
● In 2011 the SWC was one of the partners honored with the 2010 Two Chiefs Award, a national recognition. Follow these links for more info The Joint Forestry Team website and The SWC Newsletter article on the award and event.
● For a calendar of upcoming meetings, please refer to the most recent newsletter.