You are invited to the Siuslaw Watershed Council's Virtual Watershed Community Meeting on January 27th, from 5:30-7:30 PM on Zoom.
- Connect with your neighbors
- Hear a presentation on the innovative and award-winning Fivemile-Bell Restoration Project, given by Paul Burns (USFS) and Kyle Terry (SWC), who have many stories and observations to share from a decade of work on this recently completed project.
- Hear about the Council’s diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Participate in the confirmation of the SWC’s Leadership Body Members
- Participate in the SWC’s Board of Directors elections
We are always excited about interest in joining the Council’s membership, Leadership Body, and Board of Directors! If you would like to know more, or know that you want to become involved, please contact us. We will be accepting nominations for Leadership Body and Board of Directors positions up to and during the meeting, and all members of the Council are eligible to vote.
We would love to see you, virtually, in January! The Zoom log-in information is below. If you are new to Zoom, or would like help making sure that you can attend the meeting, please email us at email@example.com, or call us at (541) 268-3044.
Zoom Log-on Information:
Topic: SWC's January 2021 Watershed Community Meeting
Time: Jan 27, 2021--5:30 PM Pacific Time
Join Zoom Meeting on your computer by clicking on this link:
Join by phone by calling the following number and providing the Meeting ID and Passcode:
Phone number: 253-215-8782
Meeting ID: 947 2812 6804
In other SWC news:
- We are accepting submissions for our Winter Photo Contest, with the theme of Birds of the Siuslaw. Visit siuslaw.org for information on how to submit photos.
- The Native Plant Distribution program is still taking requests for native plants to be planted along streams in the Siuslaw Watershed. Distribution day is February 6th. Visit our website, at siuslaw.org to find out more.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SWC
Siuslaw Watershed Council staff and Board members are in the process of developing a diversity, equity and inclusion strategy. We are encouraging community members to review our draft and provide input. Input can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2020 Newsletter
November is nearly over, and as always here at the Siuslaw Watershed Council, it is a time to take stock of the busy season preceding it, and make plans for the future. And what a season it was! A lot of work got done here in the Siuslaw Watershed over […]